"Writer's block is a fancy term made up by whiners so they can have an excuse to drink alcohol."
-Steve Martin
Or in my case, to drink coffee.
I have been working on my master's thesis for almost a year now- first reading books and articles, then figuring out my exact topic, then more reading, creating an outline, etc. For the past few months I have been "writing." Problem is, I've hardly written a thing. I have the absolute worst writer's block of my Entire Life and it Sucks.
Usually when I have to write papers, it takes me a while to get going but I get it together in the end. This time, I'm going to miss the deadline to graduate in August. Hopefully, I'll be able to finish writing in the next 4-6 weeks and graduate in the fall. I'm already really mad at myself for taking this long, but whenever I try to write, I've got nothing. I have tried all of my motivating tricks and gotten nowhere.
So, I will occasionally post on this blog when I am supposed to be writing my thesis. If I'm not updating, that will be a good sign. Thanks to everyone who has come to my blog so far. I just wanted to give a little info on what is going on with me right now.
13 July 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

I'd like the thought of not having to call in for a 'sick day' and explaining to my teachers about my religious holiday. Too bad that's in NYC and not California -sad face-
ReplyDelete