I wasn't planning on posting anything on this blog for a little while- I'm currently writing my master's thesis and I know this is a distraction! But I saw this story today and couldn't resist, so here goes...
Zehra Fazal Presents 'Headscarf and the Angry Bitch'
www.zehrafazal.com/
www.capfringe.org/Zehra-Fazal.html
This is a one-woman show coming to DC's Capital Fringe Festival. Fazal is a Pakistani-American who grew up in Indiana and now lives in DC.
Does the show sound funny or offensive (or a combination)? The description is kind of vague, so I haven't made up my mind yet. I do, however, like the idea of Muslim women speaking about controversial topics in a creative way, instead of letting non-Muslims, Sarkozy*, CNN, etc. do all the talking.
*Oh, there's more on him later. Lots more.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Woooooowww (at Zehra Fazal)
ReplyDeleteI actually don't know what to consider it. Is she a comedian?
But the pictures say a thousand words O.O
I like your blog!
ReplyDeleteand please if you want to later on, post something about your interest in islam! That would be great reading I´m sure!
lol thanks for commenting like a billion years ago... i'm a lil slow with the commenting/blog technology. lol i like your blog a ton keep posting, or i'm cry. :(
ReplyDelete