20 July 2009

I hate patchouli



We have new neighbors who moved into the apartment below us a few weeks ago. Since then, they have been stinking up the building with patchouli fairly often. It smellllllllllls.

Now, I like hippies as much as the next environmentally-friendly girl who went to a small liberal arts college. But I do not like patchouli, a.k.a. Eau de Covering up the Pot Smell with the Only Thing that has a Stronger Smell. (For anyone who never lived in a dorm at an American college or just isn't aware, patchouli is commonly used to cover up the smell of marijuana).

If patchouli was just smelly, I might be able to ignore it; however, it gives me terrible allergies and in a small apartment building, the smell gets everywhere. I spent most of last night sneezing and sniffling as if there were a big fluffy cat in my living room (yeah, I'm also allergic to cats).

I've seen these neighbors around (a young couple about my age) but we haven't really met. If this keeps up though, I'm going to have to say something, but I have yet to figure out exactly what I would say about it to them that doesn't involve the phrases "dirty hippie," "makes me want to throw up," and "You seem not to care that you are drawing attention to the fact that you are stoners." Because they seem like nice people otherwise, and I generally do like hippies. When they are not smelly, that is.

No comments:

Post a Comment